Friday, 11 November 2011

http://channel.tate.org.uk/media/1115319613001

An interview with Don Mccullin considering his exhibition at the Tate Britain.

I found this interesting because I really respect and admire Don Mccullin as a photographer, and my favourite picture of his are usually war images, and he says in the interview that he doesn't like being considered a 'war photographer', he actually says he hates it. I found this quite shocking at first, being as those are sometimes his more impressive photographs, but I can understand where he's coming from when he talks about how he started to take the memories home with him and he felt guilty about what he saw and woke up in cold sweats, so I can see that when you do something that intense for long enough it become meaningless for you and just makes you despise what you do. He says he likes doing landscapes now as when he's in the English country side, he's not hurting anyone, he's not affecting anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment